How a doctor can save smartphone memory: recommendations from Doctor Booster
Doctors who actively use a smartphone are constantly faced with the problem of lack of device memory. Communicating with patients through Messagers, sending and receiving photos or other files from them – all this very quickly reduces the space available on the smartphone, and a lot of unnecessary data accumulates in memory, such as cache, history and files, which can cause the device to start slow down or, worse, hang up.
How to protect the smartphone’s memory from unnecessary information or clean it in case of “clogging”, and what Doctor Booster offers to solve this problem, we will tell in this article.
Of course, you can use the general recommendations for clearing memory. They are available for iPhone and iPad as well as for Android devices. We present the most popular of them.
For iPhone and iPad
1. The first thing iPhone and iPad experts advise is to turn off the Photo Stream service. It is he who collects the last 1000 photos from the media library and distributes them to all devices. The technology actively consumes valuable megabytes, so in case of a lack of memory, it should be turned off. You can do this in the “Settings” – iCloud – “Photos” section.
2. In the same section, you can also enable the iCloud Media Library service, which provides the ability to synchronize an unlimited amount of content via the cloud. With the launch of the service, images and videos in full can be uploaded to Apple’s cloud storage. The originals of these files will no longer reside on iPhone and iPad, saving space.
3. You can uninstall and reinstall some applications. Indeed, in the process of use, they quickly grow due to temporary data and, accordingly, eat up memory.
In order to do this, you need to go to “Settings”, and then go to the subsections: “Basic”, “Statistics” and “Storage” to see a list of the most “resource-intensive” programs. Unnecessary applications can be deleted, important ones can be reinstalled.
3. Also, experts recommend deleting large correspondence in iMessage. This will free up space on your device’s memory.
For Android devices
1. Regularly manually delete the cache of installed applications, and also clear the folder with photos and videos received via instant messengers. As already mentioned, they take up a lot of space in the device’s memory. Experts also recommend doing preventive cache cleanings. Perform the procedure through the settings. To do this, in the “Application Manager” section, you need to select the application that consumes the most memory, go to the “Memory” submenu and click the “Clear cache” button.
2. You can restore the device to factory settings. This will clear the device’s memory to the state that it was on the day of purchase. With this, you will no longer deal with any unnecessary applications, contacts, settings or other type of data. The device will only have what comes with Android by default. Experts recommend this procedure especially for those who have been using their phone for more than a year or two. Of course, before you start, you need to back up the data you need on your phone. In order to reset your Android device to factory settings, you need to open “Settings” and go to the “Backup and reset” menu.
3. Also, some experts recommend using special tools to clean the system, such as SD Maid and CCleaner.
In particular, SD Maid is able to find files or folders that are no longer installed on your Galaxy. In addition, you can easily find junk files, remove duplicates, and more.
The CCleaner application simply removes useless, outdated and temporary data. At the same time, it analyzes the device’s memory, scans the cache section, browser history, the history of received calls and other areas of the system. After analysis, the user receives recommendations for cleaning.
Also, CCleaner will provide you with a list of applications that consume the most cache memory, as well as the ability to clear them.
However, you should not hope that using cleaning applications will allow you to improve the performance and speed of your device by 50-70%. Unfortunately, this is not true. If there is too little free memory available on your phone, then this process will slightly improve the responsiveness of the system, but only because it needs storage space to work.
What Doctor Booster Offers
Naturally, while working on the Doctor Booster application, we also could not get past the problem of device memory overload. After all, working with this kind of application involves working with a lot of information.
So, in order not to overload the memory of doctors’ devices, we initially provided for the storage of some information in the “cloud” in the application (as the iCloud Media Library offers). In this case, you do not have to upload them manually there. Everything happens automatically.